Pages

Sunday 25 June 2017

Stitching, actual stitching!

And here it is, there has been actual progress on Dragon Rider, I'm so happy! I meant to have the tail and above done, but didn't take in to account just how much those colours appeared further down the page as well, if it hadn't been for that I would have managed it. I had meant to have this page finished by the end of the month (there's a chance that I have a new start planned for July, ooops), but I don't think I'm going to manage that... however after several months of not stitching at all I'll take this much as something!
It's probably quite sad just how happy being able to do this made me my week... I forgot just how much stitching is my relaxation until I did some and was suddenly just so much happier again!
Second up, my Granny Starbursts, I wasn't going to post on this this week as I didn't really have much progress to show, however I went round to a friends to watch a film tonight and she was very understanding about me turning up with my crochet so I managed to get another 21 greens done and suddenly made my showing for this week much more respectable. My target for next week is to have all of the greens done and to be moving on to the purple, then before long I'll be trying to work out whether I'm doing the final rounds and then sewing together or if I'm going to try and master the join as I go method. 

And finally, I may have had another new start (and have another another new start planned), but I can justify this one and my another another one as well, these are both intended as presents for people, and I don't quite know what my deadline is on either of those so, wish me luck basically. I will still try and get some time in on my rotation pieces (as I am loving actually being able to stitch again), but these two and the blanket at the main focus pieces for a while, just because they are all time based gifts.

In other news, I'm planning on trying my hand at yarn dying in the next few weeks... I'm quite excited and quite nervous all at the same time... it'll probably be in a couple of weeks time, but I promise I'll put some pics up, no matter how successful or unsuccessful it is so that you can cheer me on or laugh hysterically!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Nice progress on dragon rider and great new start. I am still loving your granny square blanket. Can you PLEASE tell me what pattern your using.

Linda

Renee said...

I love your updates on Dragon Rider. Stitching is so therapeutic, isn't it?! And Spangler's work is delightfully cheerful.

demeter83 said...

I use tutorials on YouTube from a lady called Bella coco and it's one of hers

The Crafty Princess said...

Wheeeeee you're stitching so good to hear. Well done on getting some progress on Dragon Rider, great job stunner!

I hate it when I can't stitch at least some part of a day, I feel incomplete LOL!

I love those Granny Starbursts too. My friends wouldn't blink an eye if I brought craft for movie night. They would totally flinch if I didn't bring wine though..hee hee
xo Alicia

Anonymous said...

Your WIP - you are making great progress on this. Love the Colors. It is so pretty.
ตารางคะแนน